Over the past 40+ years, IEEE has been an integral part of my pursuit of excellence in professional life. While speaking at 200+ IEEE events in all ten regions, I have come across academics, young professionals, mid-career engineers in industry and government, and corporate executives including women and under-represented minorities. Engagements with members and volunteers globally at grassroots level has given me better insights to understand the community needs in developing relevant programs to advance their professional careers. This why I pledge to undertake the following:
Global Community Building:
- Highlight networking opportunities at IEEE events.
- Reach out proactively to women and underrepresented minorities.
- Ensure financial transparency, stability, and broader member benefits.
Growth and Nurturing:
- Provide access to IEEE resources for up-skilling worldwide.
- Evolve PES University best practices as IEEE University Online.
- Focus on Industry Certification courses.
Service to Humanity and Smart Engineering:
- Develop closer and purposeful ties with Industry.
- Engage Sustainable Development thought leaders to address global challenges.
- Work with policymakers to help with Smart Engineering.
Encourage and Recognize Member Engagement:
- Encourage technology professionals without a college degree to join IEEE.
- More directly recognize contributionsour volunteers make through committee work and paper reviews.
- Provide more resources to help members elevate to IEEE Senior Members and IEEE Fellows.
Intellectual Property Protection Awareness:
- IPR awareness building
- IEEE IPR Skills Development framework
- KPIs for Regions/Sections on local IPR activities
Partnership to support Entrepreneurship:
- Work with local Startup Incubators to harness Entrepreneurial potentials.
- Incubate Innovation Centers to nurture Maker competencies.
- IEEE Startup Show to highlight regional/local Innovations.
I am a member of the following IEEE Societies
- Chair, TAB/PSPB Products & Services Committee (2007-2010)
- Vice President, IEEE Publications Board and member,
IEEE Board of Directors (2006)
- Chair, TAB Periodicals Committee (2004-2005)
- Member, Proceedings of the IEEE Editorial Board (2004-2009)
- President, IEEE Power & Energy Society (2018-2019)
- EiC, IEEE Trans on Sustainable Energy (2011-2012)
- EiC, IEEE Electrifications Magazine (2013-2015)